mg-mmm

RE: PA-0531

To: "'Bob Grunau'" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: PA-0531
From: "John James" <jj@octagon.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:14:10 -0000
Cc: <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Bob,

I can't help with the engine problem, but it might well be what you
suspect.

As regards removal of the gearbox, yes it will come out without removing
the engine (which, of course needs to be supported when you remove the
gearbox).
It's a bit fiddly (I removed the gearbox on my PB to have an overdrive
unit fitted)and from memory you also need to remove the brake
cross-shaft (which isn't much fun!).

If you find you need any clutch springs, I do these as well as the
mouse-trap springs and the driving bolt springs. My prices are given in
the Triple-M Bulletin. They are a lot lower than elsewhere.

Regards,

JOHN JAMES