mg-mmm

CJR 2 / CJR 3 questions

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: CJR 2 / CJR 3 questions
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:04:09 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gentlemen,
I'm now running in the wiring for the chassis and engine components of my
PA. I've run into a snag in that I seem to have a CJR 3 rather than the correct

CJR 2 junction box/cutout..

Adding to the initial confusion was the brass cover for the cutout is
stamped RJF 2. That translates into Regulator, Junction box, fuses (I think).
However the box clearly has a single cutout. Therefore, the cover seems to be
clearly incorrect and that info can be discounted. (Thanks to John Kelly and
Lew
for the remedial class).

Using a new wiring harness, all color codes seem to be factory correct and
all was moving along till I found the terminals on my unit didn't match with
drawings of CJR 2 and the paper in the back of unit has CJR 3 printed on it.
Pretty sure I'm properly identified.... now have to figure out how to make it
work... or get the correct one (ouch).

Does anyone have experience or drawings in making the -3 work for a -2?

Does anyone out there need my CJR 3? Trade-in value?

I'd appreciate any help/suggestions in this area.

Thanks

Don B.