mg-mmm

Re: repairing a rad shell

To: DB35PA@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: repairing a rad shell
From: ian thomson <i.thomson@talk21.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:38:06 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Assuming the two broken ends mate up fairly
unobtrusively at the moment; bearing in mind that they
will be almost completely covered by the rad cap and
bonnet, I would simply bridge the break on the
underside (removing any existing reinforcing with a
grindstone and/or heat and re-reinforce it with brass
plate picking up on the bonnet hinge mounting as well.
 Soft solder should do for fixing and should not harm
the chrome if you are careful and it is of decent
quality.  If you mess it up go with your first
suggestion - you have nothing really to lose.

Ian Thomson
-