mg-mmm

N type petrol tank

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: N type petrol tank
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:18:28 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Have just put a gallon of petrol in the tank preparing for an attempt to fire
up the engine....no leaks, a good thing.  Notice that there is no vent on the
tank except for the vent that runs inside the filler tube.  The cap is a
Bonora and I don't see a vent hole on it.......is venting dependent on the
Bonora
cap being a little loose?

With only one gallon in the tank, my rebuilt SU brass bodied pump will not
pull the petrol very well even with the reserve valve out of the circuit....Got
a teflon seal machined for the reserve valve, but I think it might still leak
air......bummer.

Terry