mg-mmm

RE: PA Cylinder Head

To: "viv@trax.co.za" <viv@trax.co.za>, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: PA Cylinder Head
From: "Pete Thelander" <pthelander@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:57:13 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Viv and all
I forgot to point out in my initial reply that the formula given in
Blower's Manual (page 434 in my copy) combines the volume of the combustion
chamber (35.1cc) with the gasket (4.4cc) in the denominator (40.5).  So if
you are undertaking your own calculations, any change in these parameters
must be reflected in the total in the denominator as well as the individual
numbers in the numerator.
Must keep your engineering calculations correct or you will end up with a
disaster.  More than one space mission was lost over simple mistakes like
that.

Pete Thelander
pthelander@earthlink.net