TD/Ford Valve springs

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD/Ford Valve springs
From: Richard W Waite <acace@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:20:38 -0500
My engine is race prepared to Stage (?) as outlined in MG factory
literature of the time. One of the modifications is to use a factory
optional  AEG122 (? not sure of the correct number) camshaft. It's
recommend to use bigger valves and heavier springs with this cam. Well
neither the valves or springs are available so substitutions are
necessary.
The cam can be ground from a stock cam. I'm not sure what my valves
started out as, but the springs are for a Ford 6. If needed I can come up
with the part numbers. My guess is they are stronger than a stock Ford 6
spring but the size etc. fits the MG.
The seals were installed at the time because it makes sense to do it when
the head is off and the valves are out.

With the cam, springs and a cleaned up head, lighter flywheel, higher
compression, my rev limit is 6500 (self imposed for sanity).

Of course the REAL reason I used the Ford springs is that in my heart of
hearts I'm a Ford man and every car I own has some Ford parts in it :)

Dick