Re: tires

To: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: tires
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 08:16:35 -0700
Just what do you mean by the right size? Are you talking about 5.50 x 15
tires? How would you feel about 5.60 x 15? We have known for years that
this was a most common size tire, and that we should have no problem
finding this size, as Volkswagons used the same (or near to the same)
size tire. When they went from bias ply to radial, hence the change from
5.60 x 15 to 165 R 15, availability shouldn't have dried up. And, if
oriigionality is what you seek, look to a Volkswagon parts place. One of
our members was looking for bias ply wide white walls for his TD. He
finally found Denman bias ply tires with wide white walls at a
Volkswagon Bug Haus. Blackwalls might also be found there, as well as a
selection of radial tires, or at least suppliers.
John Seim