The Feibusch Terse Report....Those Who Dare Not Deign to Wave at Lesser

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: The Feibusch Terse Report....Those Who Dare Not Deign to Wave at Lesser
From: HDA46/6759-XPEG 656 <MG_TF1500@usa.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 22:41:06 -0700
Hi there, Rick:

     Interesting note, Rick.

<<I remember a time when MG drivers wouldn't wave at Triumph owners.>>

     I remember a time before 'Nam when MG, Triumph, Healey, and Sprite drivers
would raise a hand ever so slightly above the cowl, or just beyond the
windscreen, as a subtle signal to absolutely any other sports car driver (and
that included most 'Vettes and pre-'58 T-Birds) and got a similar signal in
return in Southern California, while the drivers of some but not all Jag
roadsters would often stare stolidly straight past the passing little urchin
with the gall to reach so far beyond one's state.

<<People running red lights and cutting in front of you ... has become a
regular occurance [sic].>>

     We can assure you, Rick, that such traffic conditions are no different
whatever from that of the daily squeeze forty years ago through the downtown
Interchange of four interconnecting Hollywood, Harbor, Santa Ana, and San
Berdoo Freeways, such buggies as our TF scrambling like all the others to slip
into a distant lane before the connection had escaped us.

     Trucks; buses; we all got along just fine.