Re: TD/TF transmission

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <rddell@mindspring.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD/TF transmission
From: "Bob and Carolyn Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 19:11:15 -0400
I agree with Terry, 7 1/4" clutch TD gearbox will not bolt into a TF unless
you change the bell housing. There are other minor internal
differences/improvements between the two boxes. A 7 1/4" clutch/bell
housing   TD box ( early ) has a 5/8" diameter clutch cross shaft, the 8"
late TD/TF bell housing has a 3/4" clutch cross shaft.
Bob