Re: Castrol red rubber grease

To: jspeiser@erols.com
Subject: Re: Castrol red rubber grease
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:16:17 -0500
On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:58:17 -0400 "jspeiser" <jspeiser@erols.com> writes:
> Am rebuilding the rear springs on my TD.  Before assembling with new
> rubber
> pads between the spring ends, I'd like to lube the pads with Castrol
> red
> rubber grease, which is easily obtained in the UK for restoration
> work, but
> I haven't seen it in the USA -- does anyone know where to get it
> here, or
> of an alternative grease that's OK to use on rubber?  Moss doesn't
> carry it
> - I checked.  Thanks!
> John Speiser
> '53 TD

I ordered a tub of Castrol Red Rubber grease through Holden in the UK.
With shipping it is expensive, but I bought a Barbour jacket from them
and saved over $100 over Orvis' price so it was worth it.  They have a
website at http://www.holden.co.uk, although you won't find all their
catalog items on it.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX