TD Transmission, the Story Continues...

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Transmission, the Story Continues...
From: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:30:16 PDT

All,

I held of on updating y'all on the saga of my TD transmission,
but this seems as good a time as any...

So I pulled out the transmission and sent it via UPS down to
Blair Engle in Tallahassee, and it didn't get there in the condition
I sent it.  When it get there the driver remarked, "This has been
re-packaged".  When he opened the box, the shift housing
was bent down at a 45 degree angle, the flange was buggered up,
and the bell housing was cracked.  He figured $400 external damage.
He figures there may be internal damage also as it's hard to shift
into 3rd, (it didn't do this before).  It was pretty obvious that the
transmission has been dropped from some height and landed on the
shifter end.

So it goes back to UPS, and they initially deny the claim because
the packing was insufficient.  I point out to them that they
re-packaged it, and they then come back and say that since they
don't have the original packing they were denying my claim.  I
point out to them that if anyone should have the original
packing it'd be them.  So they're investigating it again.

The moral of the story so far is UPS shipper's beware...

Anyhoo, I feel like I'm being given the run around and am in
the market for an attorney that handles things like this.  I'm
also thinking about hosting a web site to publically air my
complaint if they don't honor my claim.  What I really want though
is my transmission back so I can get it fixed and in my TD.

If anyone's interested the original reason I sent it down there
was because it was grapbbing when you turned the spline.  Blair
reports that this may because two teeth were missing from 2nd
gear.  Given everything that's happened during my restoration
he also thinks I should write a book...

Best,

Scott Allen