RESPONSE TO SPARES TO THE USA FROM UK SITUATION

To: minor-list@poundbury.co.uk
Subject: RESPONSE TO SPARES TO THE USA FROM UK SITUATION
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 10:27:20 -0800 (PST)
Yep, We be here!!!

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA

RESPONSE TO SPARES TO THE USA FROM UK SITUATION

From: "John Hardy" <hardwire@electract.co.uk>
To: <british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net>, <Jhalfdime@aol.com>
Subject: Re: SPARES TO THE USA FROM UK
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:54:23 -0600

Oh boy my favourite subject.

I heartily agree with all the sentiments expressed so far.

I've manged to get product and public liability for North America for my
brakedrums at  a cost but it took a lot of cajolary.

The problem is that some silly bastard can sue you for cutting themselves on
the packaging you sent your goods in. Also they can abuse your product and
generally be extremly stupid and, unless you have specifically warned
against each and every stupidity, have a go about that as well.

It really is  nightmare.

May the motoring deities guide your contrivances.

John Hardy
www.electract.co.uk
www.brakedrum.co.uk

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:00:03 -0600

So, does that mean that after eight years, we can now push for measures to
limit the lawyers??

The U.S. is the only country I am aware of that allows a fat woman to sue a
food company when she places a HOT cup of coffee between her morbidly obese
thighs and then jams on the brakes, burning herself.......
Perhaps now might be a good time to enact some lawyer limits with real
teeth.....otherwise, we are going to cease to advance in the various fields
of endeavor.

Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;
Of course Luck and Altitude are helpful, too."