anti-roll bar

To: "'MGT'" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: anti-roll bar
From: "Ormrod, Douglas" <Douglas.Ormrod@adis.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:59:16 +1300
Greetings from New Zealand

This is my first posting.

I accidentally printed out the entire MG-T series FAQ list a few weeks ago -
and found it so useful I have had it bound - and thought I should join in.

I am undertaking a ground-up restoration of a 1953 TD and am at the rolling
chassis stage. I have been told that fitting a MGB anti-roll bar is a good
idea. I have done this, but find that on full rebound (ie spring fully
extended) and with the steering on almost full inside-lock the roll bar
fouls the track rod. With the spring compressed a bit the roll bar clears
the track rod and is fine throughout further compression (up to full bump).
I guess the only time this would be an issue would be cornering on full lock
with a wheel off the ground. However, I am not sure if I should try and
modify the roll bar and/or link arms or not. Has anyone any experience with
this modification.

Thanks

Douglas

///