Too many cowl holes ??

To: mgt listserve <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Too many cowl holes ??
From: Francis Precht <fprecht@mail.frostburg.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:14:40 -0400
Greetings, MGT listers,
I'm attempting to fill all the extraneous holes in the cowl for my '52
TD, and I've got 2 that are confounding me.  I know that the wiper wire
goes thru a grommet, but I've got 2 candidate holes.  The car is a RHD,
with wiper motor in the passenger frontal lobotomy position (NOT
centered on the windscreen).  2 clips exist on the windscreen frame to
the left of the motor, so I'm guessing the wire is routed in that
direction.

Hole # 1 is a 3/8" hole located in the bend of the left side hump of the
cowl, 4" toward the front of the car from the trailing edge of the cowl,
and 16 1/4" to the left of car center.

Hole # 2 is a 5/16" hole on the RIGHT side of the cowl, just about in
horizontal alignment with the upper mounting hole for the windscreen
bracket, but about 2 5/8" rearward.  This hole is also rather rough,
rather than a smooth punched type hole as is #1.

Would someone please verify for me which is the correct hole for the
wiper wire, and if anybody has a clue as to the second one before I weld
it shut.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Bud P.

///