Re: Tubeless Radials?

To: "Bob Mitchell" <skunk149@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tubeless Radials?
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 07:57:43 -0500
I would check the wheels to see if they have a small "ridge" just inside the
edge of the wheel. If so, it is a radial type wheel.
The Morris had two types of wheels used, one for non-radial (no ridges) and
one with the ridge.  And this was in the 50's, so the same may be true of
the TD.
The ridges are the prevent the tire from disgorging its air if the tire
deforms slightly.  If the old argument, "what if the car hits a curb?"
surfaces, I point out that if you whack a curb THAT hard, you now have other
problems.
If you don't need tubes, don't use them. You are building heat.
Conversely, if you need them, use radial type tubes, which are still
available.
Best,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;