Re: perfect pitch: 75 mph or better without the slihest

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: perfect pitch: 75 mph or better without the slihest
From: Roadrunner@Post.com
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 01:19:36 -0800
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: perfect pitch and exhaust notes
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 00:33:49 -0500 (EST)
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
To: MG-T <mg-t@autox.team.net>

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Bob Donahue wrote:

>     I don't know what the pitch is, but 55 mph is the speed at which
> the engine begins to sound scary and the car starts to shake.

No, that's the speed at which the XPAG starts to sing.  If the car starts
to shake at 55 MPH, then the suspension needs serious work.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E

I'm with you, Chip:

        Forty years ago (as I do every day today) I chugged along then (and I
chug along as easily today) at seventy five miles each hour or more along the
expressway without the slightest glitch or a hitch or a shake or a scary sound
in an XPEG.

        The pitch of the engine sounds far more shrill now, I must confess,
than similarly displaced engines which run alongside, forty years later, yet
nothing about it is scary today all the same.

        Though the poor puppy passed ninety, that had been almost surely
directly down the fall line.

        (She would have been willing, but I'd not prepped her for that go.)

                Burma Shave

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
///