Re: Gas tank dip stick

To: ddubois@sinclair.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank dip stick
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:20:41 EST
In a message dated 11/24/01 20:21:32 Pacific Standard Time,
ddubois@sinclair.net writes:

<< Does anyone out there have the measurements for the gallon marks of a
 gas tank dip stick for a TC?  A friend of mine measured the marks on a
 stick that came from Mike Goodman years ago, but it only goes up to 12
 gallons and according to the book that I have, the TC's tank is 16.2
 gallon (13.5 gallon Imperial). >>

'sorry, wrong trigger........Dave, its a moot point because one nevers wants
to fill a TC to the top.  You'd be sloshing petrol all over the place if you
filled it to about 10 gallons...I found a nifty drain thingy at the plumbing
supply that helps prevent the sloshing.  I've got two sticks here and neither
go above 12 gallons.....I presume the sticks are calibrated in Imperial
gallons.
Terry in Oakland

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list