Re: Manual timing advance

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: Manual timing advance
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:27:23 -0400
Blake,
  Your note prompted me to look at my TD Service Parts List, second
issue, June 1958.
  Yes, in the Mark II supplement pages, it does list the Manual Ignition
Control components, but we know that those were not fitted to all Mk II
cars.
  Perhaps some of the parts listed were available though not fitted?
Example--Road Wheels for 6.00 tyres, #131904, listed as beginning at
0251, yet these wheels are not on all cars.  On the previous page,
#27H5212, Vertical Magneto (4VRA), is listed beginning at engine #17029.
Has anyone ever seen one of these?
   My thought is that some of the parts on these pages were go-fast items
that were available from MG, but not necessarily fitted to the cars
leaving Abingdon.
   No manufacturer would do that sort of thing today, of course.  We can
walk right into the Ford agency and get a NASCAR car right off the floor.

Bob