Re: Does anyone still have a ball in the steering rack

To: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Subject: Re: Does anyone still have a ball in the steering rack
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:50:03 -0600
<<<snip>>>
If I remember correctly (no guarantee of that) the original oil fitting
didn't have a ball in it.
<<<snip>>>

I checked two original ones, and they have a ball but it doesn't show at
the end.  You have to use a stiff wire down the hole about 3/8 inch to
feel it.  The ball doesn't show at the end as a a modern grease zerk
does.  I didn't check the two MGA racks.

FWIW: This zerk has part number X19460 and the straight one used in the
water pump is the same number.  The zerk on the spare water pump I
checked also has the ball.

Blake