Re: Rebuilding transmission gears

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding transmission gears
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <douglas.ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:37:02 +1200
I was corresponding about this with the list - perhaps it was me - New
Zealand not Australia. What I had done was a new first gear grafted on to
the old cluster and a new first sliding gear built by a an Auckland company
called Gear Cutting services - also I had two done for an English member of
the list  - he dropped them off on his way through Auckland and picked them
up on the way out.. The cost for the graft and sliding gear (from memory)
was about US$200 - oh I also got him to make a new layshaft. I have rebuilt
the gearbox - but it is not in the car yet.

If you need this done I would be happy to facilitate it for you.

Cheers

Douglas