Re: 1927 MG 14/40

To: raymond@optusnet.com.au, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1927 MG 14/40
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 14:00:51 EST
In a message dated 12/8/02 09:29:39 Pacific Standard Time,
raymond@optusnet.com.au writes:

<< What steps should I take before attempting to start the engine?
 Is anyone aware of any resources which are a good source of information on
 these pre-war cars? >>

Congrats Ray on finding such a rare MG......clean oil, good rubber and make
sure all the brake cams are lubricated and working....
Join the MG Car Club in England and then the Vintage Register.  Buy a copy of
their Yearbook.  I think last year was the first one published.  Then when
you can afford the postage, buy a copy of the mammouth book "Oxford to
Abingdon" which is about the earliest MG's.
Good luck
Terry in Oakland, CA