Re: seat belts installation TC

To: timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat belts installation TC
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:34:54 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/04 17:20:38 Pacific Daylight Time,
timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au writes:

<< 1. Should this be left to the professionals rather than a home job?
 2. If OK to do at home, what are the correct anchor locations?
 3. Any tips or "must do" things etc
 4. Lap and Sash belts, or has any one used inertia reel?
 Any assistance or comments via the list or off-list would be appreciated.
 Tim Newton >>

You can do it yourself Tim, I did.....Just try to get the attach points into
the angle irons....and Sash (we call the shoulder belts) for sure.  I only had
a lap belt until I had a major T-bone in the TA.....now have 3 point belts.
inertial reel would work but takes up room in the "luggage" compartment.  For
the 3rd point, use a rather large backing place to spread the load on the
wheel well.  Some folks will say, its better to get thrown clear.  I don't
subscribe to that advice!  I have some real life experience !!!
Cheers
Terry