Re: Rear End Leak

To: nels@flightsim.com
Subject: Re: Rear End Leak
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:40:22 -0400
Nels,
   That's the seal to replace, plus a smear of sealant between 16 and the
axle housing. Leaking out the end is more common, but one fixes the
problem at hand.
   Remember to pull up the axle shaft nut (#2) to at least 150 ft/lbs.
   A handy hint from Pete Leonardo, TF owner in town:   Use a prick punch
or a hacksaw to mark the end of the half shaft for position of the cotter
pin holes.  This makes lining up castle nut and the holes much easier.
Bob