RE: mods

To: <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: mods
From: "Parkinson,Ron" <RParkinson@amestextile.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:40:54 -0500
John,
Mods are a very personal opinion.  I'll churn the pot with my own.

I will do a mod that doesn't permanently alter the vehicle in case the
next guy wants to return it to stock.  I like the car to look like
original so I wouldn't choose wires wheels on my TD but my grill is red
even though my interior is tan because I liked it that way.  I have a
collection of already altered parts that I will use: higher ratio rear
end and vintage racing motor so I don't feel I'm making the irreversible
change.  I restore the stock parts also for a potential reversion and
they make great garage art.

As for suspension and brakes I would do anything that will make the car
handle and brake better.  I know it changes the original driving
experience but I've tried the original driving experience and find V8
bushings and a sway bar make it more fun and they are all reversible if
documented.

I guess my own enjoyment comes first if it won't permanently alter the
car.  Hopefully that will start a lively discussion!

One person' opinion,
Ron Parkinson
2-'53TDs