clock question

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: clock question
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:29:16 +1300
I have the opportunity to buy a NOS Smiths clock for my TD tach from
overseas. Can anyone tell me if the clock in the early chronometric
instruments is different from that in the post 1950 magnetic (dish faced
ones). The chap says it is not quite identical to the one in his friends
1947 TC - but would fit. It is part # CE1111/01 The distance between the
center lines of the mounting holes is 2-1/8-inches, and the diameter of
the face is approximately 1-1/8th-inches.

I have to decide soon as he is planning to put it on ebay if I don't buy
it.

Thanks

Douglas