Suggestions?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Suggestions?
From: Scott Allen <sallen6363@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:05:02 -0400
Hi,

I've got a seep on my rear carb that defies a solution so hopefully someone
on the list can help me out.

I've got HS2's in my '52 and the rear carb is seeping from the jet bearing.
The needle is bone dry, but the bearing is wet so the fuel has to be coming
from the top of the bearing or the bearing nut. It's causing a steady fuel
drip while the car is running. So far I've replaced the seals twice to no
effect...

Today pulled out the jet. I did a visual inspection to make sure there were
no cracks in the carb where it goes, and I ran a steel rule on it to make
sure the surface is flat. I'm going to swap out the parts with ones from a
re-build kit I was saving as well as replace the seals with neoprene
o-rings, and use a light graphite grease on all the parts during
re-assembly.

Here's my question, but it's really not a question. I'd like to know if
anyone out there has learned a trick or something I need to watch out for in
solving this particularly annoying problem...

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen
52 TD
74 1/2 BGT