Handbrake Part Needed

To: "MG T List" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Handbrake Part Needed
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:34:59 -0400
Hello List.

I am in need of a part for my TD handbrake that is not listed in the
Moss catalog, and was hopeful that someone on the list might have a
spare they would be willing to part with.

It is the cable retaining plate that bolts down on top of the interior
ends of the dual handbrake cables with 2 bolts to hold them in place. In
the Moss catalog picture of the handbrake mechanism on the page marked
"TD-TF Brakes", it is pictured between the circled numbers 9 and 5, but
is not labeled itself.  It is a flat plate with attached half cylinders
on each side that tighten down on top of each handbrake cable. I brought
my TD home disassembled in boxes and have been unable to locate this
part.

Anyone have an extra in their spare stores?

Thanks.

Bill Snyder
3248 Asheville Rd
Waynesville, NC 28786