RE: Cold Weather Starting

To: "Scott Allen" <sallen6363@gmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cold Weather Starting
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:26:02 -0800
Scott,
I have found that the following things help:
1-Make SURE the two chokes pull down fully and evenly. Depress gas pedal
first, then pull choke all the way out. Now manually check to see if you can
pull them down further at the carbs.
2- If you have ticklers on the float bowls depress them to fill the float
bowls.
3-Transmission in neutral, foot off the clutch. Engine will spin faster.
4-foot off the gas if your automatic throttle cam is working properly. You
may find the automatic throttle cam is OVER opening the butterflies, so back
off the adjusting screw if this is the case. "Fluttering" the gas pedal
gives you nothing.
5-possibly change to 10W-30 engine oil?
6-possibly change to a lighter carb piston oil?
7-pull starter cable.

 Bob Grunau