Re: running board trim attachment

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: running board trim attachment
From: "Scott Allen" <sallen6363@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:43:32 -0500
Yeah,  not too long ago I saw a TA barn find being stripped down and there
were rivets under the strips.

Which explained something that I'd run into on my TD restoration: I'd
stripped the running boards because of what I'd thought was rust bubbling up
around the aluminum guides but when I had a gander underneath it was green
instead of rust-red.  Turns out the screws the DPO used had too much zinc in
them and the bubbles were caused by the gas from the electrolytic reaction
between the zinc screws and aluminum guides.

~Scott