Re: MGA

To: "Krislyn Co.LLC" <krislynco.llc@adelphia.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA
From: "John Quilter" <jquilter@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:11:30 -0800
MGs of that vintage did not have any factory installed outside mirrors.  It
was left up to the selling dealer to fit one, or two, as was their practice
or per the request of the buyer.   So there was probably a great variety of
styles and types used some on the fenders and some on the doors reachable
from the cockpit.  I think the most correct looking "period" mirror is the
repro Lucas style round mirrors which come in a single stud mount or "foot"
that mounts with two chrome screws.    I seem to recall that bullet style
mirrors did not become popular until the '60s.

But for the T series folks the best ones I found were some round mirrors on
a chrome stalk that  mounted perfectly in the middle hole of  the windscreen
bracket on both sides. No drilling necessary and best of all they let you
lower the windscreen without interferring with the mirrors.  They really
look like they were made for the T series cars.  They were available from
Honda motor cycle shops as recently as a few years ago.  They were intended
to fit a small  Honda motorcycle known as a Honda Festival, I believe.

John Quilter
Brisbane, California
51 TD, 60 Morris Minor, 69 Austin America