Re: painted headlights

To: Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz
Subject: Re: painted headlights
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:34:00 -0400
Douglas,
   It's thought that the TDs had three series of headlamps:   chrome with
badge, painted w/o medallion, chrome w/o badge.  Chip Olds describes this
better in his article in the T Series Handbook, in which he notes that
the lamps all had the same part #.
Chances are that the "53" car,  assuming that its build date was late
1952 or in early 1953,  (you can't go by registration dates as shipping
and dealer sales could take several months ) did have the painted
headlamps.  The Handbook has tables of production dates by car number,
and a listing of equipment & spec changes that might be of help for
closer identification.
   MG wasn't exact about change-overs and you can't bet the farm on any
of these tables.
Bob