Re: Lucas M35G starters

To: Gene Gillam <anngene@bellsouth.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas M35G starters
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 08:16:45 -0500
Gene,
Thanks for sending that, but that link all deals with getting the pinion
off after the end nut has been removed.  These starters that I have do
not have the cotter pin on the end that keeps the end nut from coming
off.  Perhaps this type is like a Nyloc nut and all I need to do is grab
ahold of it with some channel locks and unscrew it, but I don't really
want to bugger it up trying something that may not be correct.
Any other ideas out there?
Thanks in advance.
Charlie