Re: [Mg-t] Installing a Hood

To: simbafish@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Installing a Hood
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:18:52 -0400
Hi Stu,
   The front bow is probably ash, a wood that is easy enough to work with
when recently cut, but one that becomes harder over time.  My memory is
that the canvas was originally tacked (not stapled) to the bow.
    If you cannot find a staple that will do, you might consider tacking,
though I expect that you will need to drill a tiny pilot hole for each
tack to avoid splitting the wood.
Bob