Re: [Mg-t] mgt exhaust system and.....

To: Bob Arlotto <bob_arlotto@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] mgt exhaust system and.....
From: Gene Gillam <anngene@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:40:39 -0500
Bob Arlotto wrote:
> Last summer was my first experience driving my TD, during one tour we were
> almost rear ended turning on a rural road.  Ideas for
> adding directional-stop lights?  I haven't seen
> anything that looks appropriate.

Bob,

If you want to keep your car looking original there is an LED kit
available to replace the present lights in your D-lamps.  These make the
lights actually bright enough to be seen during the day.  For see an
example of the difference go to:
http://www.mg-tabc.org/techn-up/brakelights.htm

The link shown to get the lights isn't any good anymore however Terry
Sanders (taterry@pacbell.net) can supply the kit for either negative or
positive grounded cars.  I would highly recommend installing 2 D-lamps
if you don't have 2 already.

Second...you'll notice I have a couple of lights mounted on the sides of
my gas tank.  This is not original but it brings the lights up where
people can see them easier - and they can be easily wired for
directional signals.  I bought these lights from a motorcycle website -
they were less than $12 each and were heavily chromed.  I've  had them
on the car for over 5 years and they look as good as new.   They're a
Mid-USA part number 11410...I can find the web-site if you're interested.

Gene Gillam
Saucier, MS