Re: [Mg-t] Plug for "Inspection Lamp Socket"

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Plug for "Inspection Lamp Socket"
From: Mark Sherman <mrkshrmn@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:59:26 -0400
With a bit of patience and hand tools, the Radio Shack plugs (available in red
and black) can be made to fit the Lucas socket.

I made a "pigtail" that can plug into the dash, with a standard cigarette
lighter socket at the end.

Mark Sherman

> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:49:40 -0400> From: nels@flightsim.com> To:
bobmgtd@comcast.net; Mg-t@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Plug for
"Inspection Lamp Socket"> > I looked into this at one time. Apparently, this
was a standard socket > at one time (my Land Rover has the exact same one) and
various > accessories were available for it. I thought Moss Motors sold the
plug, > though maybe not any more. I used to see them come up on eBay every so
> often too. They usually seem to be quite expensive for what is just a >
simple plug. Radio Shack sells similar plugs and sockets, but > unfortunately
the ones I found were not quite the right size but it's > possible a larger
electronics dealer would have one that fits.> > --Nels Anderson> 1953 MGTD> >
Bob Donahue wrote:> > Is there a plug available to fit the "Inspection Lamp
Socket" that's on the TD> > dashboard? This would be a handy way of connecting
12V electrical accessories.> > I'm thinking of making up an adaptor with a
"cigarette lighter socket" on the> > other end.> >> > Bob Donahue (Still Stuck
in the '50s)> > Email - bobmgtd@comcast.net> > Cars: 52 MGTD - #17639> > 71
MGB - #GHN5UB254361> > Member: NEMGTR #11470> > NAMGBR # 7-3336> > Hoosier MGB
Club> > Olde Octagons of Indiana> >