Re: [Mg-t] gas tank coating

To: dhhall@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] gas tank coating
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:31:40 -0400
dhhall@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I would like to coat the inside of my MGTD gas tank with a protective coating
>(Red-Kote).  The tank seems to be segmented inside.   I'm not sure if I need
>to unscrew the plate on the lower back side to remove this.  Excuse my
>ignorance, but is this some sort of gas gauge sender?  If so, it certainly
>seems I should remove it.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance, David

Yes, there are baffles welded in place inside of the tank.  Yes, you
should remove the petrol level switch float.  Otherwise the coating will
total mess it up.  If you insist upon coating the tank be certain that
it is absolutely clean inside.  Be certain that the coating material can
handle today's blended gasolines.

Bud Krueger