[Mg-t] MG Back in production

To: "T series list" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] MG Back in production
From: "Clive Sherriff" <clive.sherriff@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 10:14:55 +0100
>From today's UK Daily Express newspaper -

Clive,
Oxford UK
====================================

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/55101/MG-sports-car-back-on-the-road

Daily Express
Saturday August 2,2008
By Martin Stote
A FAMOUS British sports car yesterday began rolling off the production lines
again - at a factory that once symbolised the motor industry's troubles.

The two-seater MG TF LE500 will soon be heading for showrooms from the
Longbridge plant near Birmingham.

A little over three years ago 6,000 workers lost their jobs  when the MG Rover
group collapsed after a doomed rescue bid.

The company was bought by the Chinese carmaker Nanjing Automotive, which last
year was taken over by another Chinese company, Shanghai Automotive.

The new owners yesterday pledged to buck the economic downturn by keeping
their order books full. Gary Hagan, director of marketing, said: "This is
something that we and Birmingham have looked forward to for a long time.

"MG is a uniquely British brand and this marks its reintroduction to the UK.
MG owners, our huge band of enthusiasts and fans of the authentic sports car
driving experience have also looked forward to this day for a long while."