Re: [Mg-t] 1952 TD MKII Battery Switch

To: "Krislyn Co.LLC" <krislynco.llc@roadrunner.com>,
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] 1952 TD MKII Battery Switch
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 06:26:55 -0400
Howdy Rocky,
On my TC it was easy ( but then we all know a TC is superior to a TD ) . I
installed a master battery cut-off switch with removeable key on the
steering column about where the bracket inside the cockpit supports the
steering column. The switch is out of sight, yet easily accessible from the
drivers seat. The original main negative power wire enters the cockpit on a
TC so easy to route the wire to the switch, then to the starter using
original MG wire holes in the kick plate.
 I'm sure a similar hook-up could be made on the TD using either the
positive ground or negative lead to the starter switch. .
Turning the switch off and removing the key gives me a bit of security when
the TC is parked .
Best regards from Canada,
Bob Grunau