Re: [Mg-t] Parking light bulbs

To: ddubois@sinclair.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Parking light bulbs
From: JohnD <johnsfolly@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 23:27:34 -0400
When I bought the lenses (years ago) from either Moss or Abingdon, they
appeared to be the only kind available: plastic with a noticeable "dish" to
them so they curve out a bit from the rim of the parking light housing. The
socket was similarly purchased from one of these suppliers and appears to
match the other dual-filament socket that was already on the car. Pins are
NOT staggered. A 1004 bulb fits fine but is not dual filament. An 1157 bulb
is tight in the socket (the 1157 is a shade bigger in base diameter than the
1004) and the bulb touches the plastic lens. I  believe over time it would
melt the lens. What number dual filament bulb are you using and who is
selling glass lenses?
Thanks.
John Deikis
--
*Running the Rallye to Reno in a '53 MG TD*
MG Drive for CURE <http://www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com>

<http://www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Dave &