[Mg-t] TD bonnet latches

To: "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] TD bonnet latches
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:49:40 -0600
Hi Friends,

I got a few free minutes this afternoon so I cleaned the bonnet
latches for my TD. Here's a look at the latch mechanism.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131223_144833e.jpg

In that picture you can see the two halves of the latch plus the
handle and the brass attachment screws.

I cleaned the latches on the wire wheel. Here's how they look after cleaned.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131223_145738e.jpg

Here they are with a thin coat of black paint on each side, now drying.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131223_152853.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131223_153339.jpg

And here are all the left-overs.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131223_145746e.jpg

I have new handles and will purchase new brass screws to attach the
latches to the bonnet. Perhaps I'll buy stainless steel instead. Here
are the handles.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20131223_152953e.jpg

I also bought new bonnet bumpers for the wings and will install them
before mounting the front wings.

-rick

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive