Re: [Mg-t] Post winter TD blues

To: Douglas Ormrod <Douglas.Ormrod@Neurological.org.nz>, 'mg-t@autox.team.net' <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Post winter TD blues
From: "lawrie" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 06:41:46 -0800
Doug,

Unless you have a late, big-valve head, your plug of choice should be B6HS, not
either of the ones you have been using. The "E" plugs are for heads with 3/4"
plug threads.

Secondly, it sounds as though you are leaving the choke on for too long. After
it starts, you should return the choke gradually as soon as possible. If it
spits back or coughs when you blip the throttle, then it needs a bit more
choke, but as soon as it will rev cleanly you don't need any more choke. It's
not a good idea to just leave the engine to sit idling when it first starts up

Lawrie