List introduction

To: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: List introduction
From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:55:41 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
OK, lets see what happens here.

I'll do the "first" introduction.

I my name is Larry Hoy, I live in Denver Colorado, I am a V8aholic.  I
have had a few British Cars.  My first was a TR3, I was a senior in high
school (many years ago).  I've had a couple of Jaguars, 3 MGs, (one A,
and two Bs).  Presently I have a 1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas, and a 1969 MGB,
the B is still has a four cylinder engine.     : - (

I can't really remember how I first got the V8 "bug".  I think I may have
been corresponding with Robin Weatherall and found out he had a V8.  The
next thing I knew I was in St Louis at the NAMGBR V8 register meeting.
That's when I decided I was going to do the conversion.  I started my
subscription to Kurt Schley's newsletter at that meeting  (including all
the back issues)  and have read every issue, some twice.  This has turned
out to be a great resource, thanks Kurt.

I have felt that the V8 enthusiasts needed a bit of cohesion and got the
idea that we could use the "list" process to do that.   I asked Mark
Bradakis on Monday September 22 what it would take to have a MGB-V8 list.
 The next thing I knew he started this list.  I hope that this will
provide a sense of  "community" for the V8 owners.  Thanks Mark.  I think
there is already over a dozen subscribers.

If you know of anyone with the V8 interest please tell them about this
list.  If they have a PC and a modem (14.4 bps minimum) and a phone line
they may be able to have *free* access to this list, even if they do not
have an internet provider.  If you, or they, are not sure how to do this
contact me and I will help.

Larry Hoy (MGBV8@Juno.com)

1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas