Re: T-5's, Speedos (some sawing and drilling)

To: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Subject: Re: T-5's, Speedos (some sawing and drilling)
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 20:31:36 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I also have a T-5 in my 74 GT. The tranny tunnel is wider, I think, than
the 67, so we were able to fit the tranny in by using the BFH technique-
(pound on it with a big hammer).  I am using motor mounts that position
the motor back 1-1/2" more than the traditional adapters, so with those,
less BFH would be required

Since I can't weld aluminum , or much of anything else, I got Dan Lagru
to weld 2 pieces of angle together as an adapter. The unit bolts to the
trans mounting pad then to the crossmember with a Chevy rubber mount, &
straightens out the angle. If I ever replace the tranny, I have a bolt
on adapter.

I didn't use the Camero shifter because of the 18' angle, I shortened
one from an S-10 that comes straight up from the trans.

Does anyone have an alternative to the Webber/Mcleod hydraulic throwout
bearing  that does not require any machining? I am getting ready to
rehab my 1st V8, now with 265,000 miles on it, and am looking for
something less expensive that does not leak.  By the way, all those
miles on a crummy T-50 that everyone said would never hold up.

Jim Stuart

Lost in the 60's after an hour on the phone with the ex.....