Engine considerations

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine considerations
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 22:34:39 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all, I am a long-time member of the mgs mailing list, and a new member to this list. I am planning on dropping a V8 into my '78 B this spring. I am trying to get all the pertinent info collected before I jump. Primarily, I am trying to find a Rover 3.5 L or 3.9L engine. Mileage isn't important, since I don't mind rebuilding. Also, I would like to get info about fuel injection vs. a carberator. I like the efficiency of FI, but detest the possibility of a computer, but I figure a modern 80s engine with FI will likely not be any less reliable than a carburetored version. Am I off in this assumption?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, as I am anxious to purchase the parts and get this project in gear.

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

When you were born you cried
and the world rejoiced
Try to live your life so that
when you die you will rejoice