Re: Rover's out west

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rover's out west
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:39:09 -0700
Cc: keithw@sand.net, spontius@worldnet.att.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Interested, but unfinished too.  I've got two engines, trans and body
shells, but no time to assemble.

        I am considering parting out my V6 68 MGBGT, so that I can
concentrate on converting a 73 GT to V8.  Know anyone that wants all the
V6 bits including new gofast bits and spare engine?  The car is complete
and drivable, but has a carb glitch.

        I sold the mild steel V8 headers that I had.  I am now shopping
for another set of headers, any recomendations re. stainless, Rv8 etc.??
 So far the advice I have recd indicates staying with the mild steel,
then getting them jet hot coated.

        I am considering setting the 73 GT up as a V8 chassis, then
plugging in a 4 cylinder package until I can get the second V8 built.
That way I have a spare power train if there is any engine or trans work
needed in the future. Other thoughts are to convert the car to 77-80
spec.  Dashboard, harness, brake servo, fuel tank.  Easier to stock
spares for two late models.  Also more fun at car shows watching people
guess the year.

        Dammit Dick update.   The wreck of Dick's BGT V8 has been used
to convert a car up in Portland.  Most of the bits were salvaged
including the dashboard and wheels.

Kelvin.
68 BGT V6 (Ford)
77 MGB shell