[no subject]

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
From: Barrie Robinson <robinson@baradv.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:34:10 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello fellow MGB V potatoes (rhymes with V8-ers)

I am going to use Kunifer brake and fuel lines in my being-built machine.
These are an improvement over copper in that they are 90% copper and 10%
nickel.

 But before we go any further let's put the copper line bogey to rest.  A
long time ago when real cars were built they used copper brake lines.  When
copper got very very expensive they started to use steel.  After some time
when the joys of rusty steel where experienced there was a return to
copper.  Unfortunately numerous people including auto shops used the
Canadian Tire variety which was NOT rated to the pressures required.
Result was tons of problems and copper was slammed and even banned in some
places.  Apparently no effort was taken to separate poor copper lines from
excellent copper lines.   However, a German organization found the 90/10
mix to be excellent and it is now used extensively in Europe.  We are all
aware of Detroit's inability to accept European developments (the radial
tyres, disc brakes etc) and this looks like another.  I did find a Swedish
Government report on the "net" which claimed Kunifer was 10 times longer
lasting than steel (now I cannot find the report!!!!!!!!!).  I understand
that Aston Martin and Rolls Royce use either copper lines or Kunifer - a
fact I am trying to confirm.  I also understand that 80% of re-builds in UK
are copper/Kunifer.

I am probably going to import some so if anyone is interested……………..(it's
about 4 times more expensive than steel)

Regards
Barrie Robinson

robinson@baradv.on.ca

COBALT TECHNOLOGIES INC