Re: Funny telephone calls

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: Funny telephone calls
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:39:41 -0600
Cc: MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Barrie Robinson wrote:

> I am taking a liberty in asking for help outside the MGB V8 range
>
> I am continually getting calls from a computer voice which asks me to call
> Susan Smith at 305-669-6225 for an "important message" ref number 593522.
> As it is long distance I do not want to do so!   If anyone is in the 305
> area code region could you see what happens when you phone - I do not think
> it is a charge back number as they are 900s.  The Royal Canadian Mounted
> Police's phone fraud squad cannot help as it is outside their domain!
> Regards
> Barrie Robinson
> barrier@bconnex.net

Unless you are expecting a call from SW Miami my guess would be that it could
be one of those "local" numbers that is switched to an offshore number at the
rate of about $11.75 a minute, after the initial minute at about $20.  Tough to
recoup your losses from the local phone company and I'd imagine switching
through a couple of extra countries would make it oknearly impossible.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420