Re: rambling.No real content, delete if easily bored.

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: Re: rambling.No real content, delete if easily bored.
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:00:52 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
At 01:13 AM 3/31/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Well, its late, 12:30, its been a pretty good week. Things are coming
>together on the new project, a completely counterfeit 1978 V8 Roadster
>becoming a 1967. The A/C fits, the engine bay is clean enough to paint,
>& I think I have finally decided on a color for the car, dark British
>Racing Green.

A '67 V-8 in dark BRG hmmmmm, the guy has good taste after all.  Did you do
the steel dash?

Snip, snip

>We seem to have become a loose sort of fraternity, thanks to Kurt & the
>V8 newsletter, & the miracle of the internet. The amount of information
>& help is truly amazing. When I did the first conversion, all we had was
>a reprint of the Hot Rod article, a copy of a pamphlet on converting a
>MG, author/source unknown, and some helpful info from Glenn Towery, who
>had done 2 or 3 conversions at that point. What a difference now! We
>invented almost everything we could not copy from the scant info
>available about Factory V8's. What we didn't know was legend. When we
>started, we didn't have a clue as to what transmission would work.

in '91 I inquired of the then British car list about steering mods to fit
the v-8 and got not one answer about steering but a week long lecture on
brakes!!!

I had 5 minute look at Glens car and a B-V8 shop manual.  I ended up
solving problems already solved by others and wasted a lot of time.  Lucky
for me my Brit parts warehouse could supply my headers and radiator but
when I asked for the factory V-8 oil pump base I learned that the smaller
the part the more it costs....like about $220 back in '92.  Suddenly my
factory type conversion became a hot rod and I haven't looked back.

The best source of info then and now is the newsletter.....

And Jim is spot on, the B V-8 is the best affordable sportscar around to
actually drive.  Garage queens and trailer cars are a couple of my hot keys.
Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
207-884-8523
'67 MGB V-8