Help Needed, suprise, suprise :-)

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Help Needed, suprise, suprise :-)
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 18:01:40 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
A new problem, this one really bad.  Buick 215, Edelbrock carb, RV8 headers,
Holley Electric pump, etc.  The car idles fine, and will drive around my
neigborhood without any problems.  As soon as I get on a main road and go
through the gears, and try to cruise in 4th, the car just sputters a couple
of times and dies.  I can usually drop into second pop the clutch, and get
the car running again.  I've checked the timing, and it is at 6 BTDC at idle.
 This is a new problem the car was running great.  The only recent addition
was the electric choke, but this is fully releasing when the car is warm.
Any thoughts or suggestions.  The car will restart and let me limp home as
long as I drive very slowly.  To me it is acting like it is running out of
fuel at speed, does this make sense?

On another note, tire rack came through on the wheels.  Ordered Wednesday,
came Friday morning, all balanced and mounted.  They fit fine, with no
interference problems.  However the front tire rod ends are very very close
to the inside of the rim.  Still very usable.  The only problem with the
rear, is the center cap won't fit on the alloys because the hub retaining nut
petrudes through the center of the wheel.  Outside of that, they look great,
especially with the Firestone Firehawk tires.  A great purchase for 520
including shipping.  The wheels were 14x6, with a 38 mm offset.  I used the
original lugnuts.

The new SO flew down from New York for a visit, and would like a ride this
weekend.  So far, I haven't come through.  But on a positive note, she
actually watched me time the engine and asked intelligent questions.  Maybe
I'll have to keep this one :-)

Thanks for the help,

Glenn