RE: stupid question

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: stupid question
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:03:27 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim, I just happen to have my engine out of my car.  I have a stock Buick
flywheel and a stock unmodified Buick starter.  Here's what I found.

The flywheel ring gear has 156 teeth, straight cut.

The starter pinion gear has 9 teeth and is a 1" gear, the teeth are beveled.

The large starter locating hole is 2.75".

The mounting bolts are 4.75" on centers.

The clocking of the solenoid is what will get you.  It is best to have it hang
straight down.

I've gone to the junk yard in the past on another application and sorted through
stacks of starters and actually found what I was looking for.  However plan to
spend a lot of time and realize you may not find the right fit.

Blake's Small Car Salvage in Erie, CO will let you sort through their pile, it's
not too far from you. (303) 665-4312

Larry Hoy